So, for those of you who don't know we got word. No b-billet for us, but another deployment. The news was for hard for me to digest I don't think I've accepted the fact that I have to give my husband up for another 6-9 months and I definitely haven't accepted the fact that he is going and probably will be doing the same thing he is doing here except this time it will only be to do and not for an actual reason.
The plans have been decided and after the 1st of October it'll be all downhill and very fast it'll be over and Matt will be gone once again. We've been going to the last of our doctor appointments and packing and preparing for what has yet to come. We will get a storage unit and everything we own that we don't choose to take with us will sit in a storage unit for God knows how long, but at the very minimum it will be 6 months.
The kids and I are going to Alabama. We are going back to the place where all the people we love are, but also a place I have no desire to live in. It's very hard knowing the one place you want to be during a time like this is the last place you want to be also. I'm sucking it up, I'm putting my big girl panties on and dealing with it (the words of my mother in law), because at the end of the day it's the easiest decision to make knowing if we stay in Yuma where we have no one we might all go crazy! No, I'm pretty sure we would all go crazy and for nothing really there isn't anything holding us here once Matt is gone.
So, we have planned a very quick and long trip. Matt gets 10 days of leave before he deploys, yeah I know 10 days?! But it's what we've got and we've got to work with it. We are going to leave Yuma and make stops along this very long 2,000+ mile trip. El Paso, San Antonio, New Orleans, Mobile, Tuscaloosa and finally Phenix City. We then will have a very short 3-5 days to get everything in for Matt. We will celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas with the boys, both boys birthdays and my birthday. All so Matt can say he was there even if it happened a little earlier. The details on how all of this will happen are not worked out all the way but EVERYONE in the family is invited.
This will be their only parties, I will do something special with each boy on his day, but these are the parties and I'm sorry for any inconvience they cause. We want everyone to understand we plan on seeing everyone and for everyone to get to see Matt before he leaves, but this trip is to get us to Alabama so Matt doesn't have to worry about us, and for the kids and Matt to have their time together. Please don't get your feelings hurt about not enough time or what we are doing the last few days the kids and Matt have together. It's stressful and upsetting enough and I would really hate for anyone to get their feelings hurt.
The kids and I are planning on staying as busy as possible while Matt is gone and at the request of Matt we have lots of things to do! I'm trying to find a preschool or day care I can put the kids in and sports also. I know the kids want to see and spend time with everyone and just know that it is a very long 6 months and so I am not and will not try to get everything done at once. I have more than enough time to get it all done. We will be there for Christmas though and plan on being with both families that day.
We are planning to take a trip to Virginia and see everyone, I just don't know when that will be yet. Lots of time to figure everything out and more than enough time for everyone to see the kids and myself. I'm excited that I'll be at home this time, but I am not at all happy that Matt will be gone. The details of what will happen after the 6 months have not been worked out either because Matt might take an early out and if that happens well things get complicated.
So, now I hope everyone is updated if you have any questions or anything you can email, message, comment, or call.
No comments:
Post a Comment