Monday, May 21, 2012

DETS....

With this Nellis DET coming up I've been thinking a lot about what the kids and I will be doing while Matt is away. It suddenly hit me the other day that he will be gone for 21 days and it takes 21 days to form a habit. So, I started coming up with things I wanted to form a habit out of. I will be trying to quit smoking yet again, working out on a more regular basis, trying new and healthier foods that no one but me will eat! And doing things with the kids OUTSIDE. It gets so hot out here that in the middle of the day we usually just lay around and do whatever, but I want to find fun activities that we can do all year, OUTSIDE!!

My children aren't too thrilled well at least M isn't, he is slowly turning into a lazy, technology junkie. I know that this world of blogs, facebook, video games and smart phones is well into swing, but I just don't want him sitting around playing video games all the time. I'm coming up with a list of things to do with them while dad is away and when it's finished I will definitely post it.

I can say however that these 21 days aren't "scary". I know now what it is like for him to be gone for so long and knowing that it's only 3 weeks and knowing what day he will be back makes these much easier for me. So, once I figure out my plan for our 21 day adventure I'll be posting on it. One post for every subject, but for now I have to go cook dinner!! Until next time....

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment