We have been beyond busy lately and not so much busy busy as the schedules have changed, and changed again! Matt was at WTI and he was working from 6am-6pm, but then he and a guy he works with started doing a split shift so they would work 6am-12pm or 12pm to 6 pm which meant he was home half of the day. Then WTI ended a week earlier than expected and he went back to his shop and was put on night crew, per his request. So for a about 2 weeks we got use to night crew staying up a little later and getting up a little later and then the RIFLE RANGE!! So, yesterday he started that and had to be up before 5am and today he didn't even have to leave till noon so everything is very much confusing around here and since he is home pretty much all day I find it very hard to do anything other than spend time with him. I think this might be boarder line of problem since most of the people I know don't need to spend so much time with their spouse. But I love my husband and when he is home I want to soak in as much time as I can between the kids, the dogs and the video games who do all tend to steal MY time away hahahaha.
On top of all of this craziness, Matt (as of right now) will be going on a training "mission" to Nellis AFB right near Vegas in June. For 21 days exactly and although we've been through MANY of these mini DETS, I DON'T WANNA!! :) It's been so nice having him home all the time I actually forgot about the leaving part. I also know how this goes, he will leave and all hell will break loose here since I will still be doing photography school and a math class online for nursing plus my children will still be here. Any takers who want to have a few weeks with them?? :) There is a rule in my life "Anything that can BREAK will BREAK when he leaves" Plain and simple and I'm wondering what could possibly be on the list now.
We've also been in limbo as far as leaving Yuma for a new duty station. Hopefully before June the packet will be in, but then the waiting game begins and if Matt doesn't have orders by November he WILL deploy with his squadron. As, dreading as this thought is to ALL OF US, I can't imagine having to do this again because other than he won't be in immediate danger it will be the same for me and the boys. But I am trying to find a silver lining and so I've decided if he does go on this boat deployment I will see Japan at some point while he is gone and the boys and I will be moving back to Alabama to be with all the many people who we will need because this deployment will be 7-9 MONTHS long and as always possbly longer. But I don't want to be alone or isolate myself and the boys and so we will be going home at least till next August when M would be starting school and we will need to come back. I think it will be nice and not only will the boys get to see their family, but I will be able to spend time and reconnect with everyone also.
As, for school I made a 26 out of 30 (B+) on my first photography test and now I need to take 3 pictures print them off, send them in and move on the unit in photography. Math starts May 29th and I am in NO WAY looking forward to that! haha
We have also been very busy making things and updating things around the house since it is well on its way to summer here! I promise to write more often and MAKE time for it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment