Friday, May 11, 2012

FACE LIFT!!


So, the back yard is tiny and there isn't much space out there at all, but the kids have some toys and Matt has a grill and we have a table and some chairs. Table and chairs that we bought YEARS ago from our neighbor in Cherry Point I think before or right after M was born. So needless to say they needed to be replaced, last year or the year before, but we've just NOW got to it!! I found these AWESOME chairs at Target a couple weeks ago in one of their ads and the project clicked!!




Rust and Paint peeling! :/




The chairs were beyond falling apart!!





So, we bought some black spray paint and started by taping the table off so we could paint.




Let the work BEGIN!!


 So, then we started taping *me and dad*....




The kids were playing with the water....





It was so hot the dogs didn't even want to come outside....


So, once we finished taping this is what it looked like....




I had this side which was nothing but line after line of tape!!





Dad had this side which he cheated on because he used a magazine!! lol





And then we started painting, but it was too windy and we had to move into the garage!!




But then we were done.....





And although the black will get hot... hell anything will out here!





I love it and it looks soooo much better.





 We weren't though we needed to get the chairs, but that had to wait till we had time to go get them.... and I have an awesome car so we can go get stuff like that and still bring ours kids with us hahahaha





But then it was done and I have to say I love them and my husband who pretty much lets me and helps me to do what I want. I have recently hit a new part in my life where throwing out the old if it can be upcylced is breaking my heart and I think it's a waste of money! Besides to me something you make your own and put your heart in looks better than something new that you probably OVER paid for ANYWAY!!!







Its so colorful and pretty....





I love it!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment